DMBLGIT February 2012 – Announcement
Wow! I’m hosting DMBLGIT (Does My Blog Look Good In This) again after 3 years! Yup, I was a host of DMBLGIT February 2009 at my old blog. After 3 years the excitement is still the same, I am happy that Andrew of Spittoon Extra, the administrator of DMBLGIT, gave me another opportunity to be the host after my long hiatus from food blogging and food photography. DMBLGIT September 2009 was my last one as participant by entering my garlic photo and won the aesthetic category’s badge. Here are some badges I got from this wonderful event.
Before I jot you down the rules, et cetera, let me congrats all the winners of DMBLGIT January 2012 hosted by Jenn from Jenn Cuisine. Congratulations! And thank you Jenn for hosting last month edition.
Without further bla bla, here’s the detail in entering this food photo contest.
The Rules to participate the contest:
1. Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
2. The photograph must have been taken by you.
3. The photograph must not have any text or watermarks.
4. The photograph must have been posted on your blog between January 1st through January 31st, 2012.
5. The deadline to submit your entry is February 20th, 2012 at midnight your local time.
Send your entry to sefa(at)negeridongeng(dot)com with DMBLGIT Feb 2012 Entry in the subject line with the following information:
– Your name.
– Your blog’s name and URL.
– The title of your photograph.
– The URL of the post containing the photograph.
– The camera and lens used by you.
– Your location.
– An attachment of a single qualifying food or drink photo you’d like to send as your entry. It should be without any text/watermark and not more than 500 pixels in width.
Note: By submitting a photo, you agree to your picture being redisplayed and altered in size on the host’s page and on DMBLGIT page.
The judges will review your entries and decide 6 winners based on the following criteria:
– Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
– Edibility: “Does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
– Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say wow!, displaying something we might not have seen before.
Three overall winners will be selected plus one each from the 3 categories. Apart from this, one photo that stands out, but wasn’t selected as a winning one will be chosen by me to get a host award! Yay!
A panel of talented judges will be announced in a separate post soon in mid February. Meanwhile if you are interested in hosting a future edition of DMBLGIT, send an email to Andrew with “DMBLGIT Host” as the subject line.
All submissions can be viewed in DMBLGIT Feb 2012 gallery that will be updated as I receive the entries. The gallery can be reached too by clicking the gallery banner on the left sidebar of my blog.
If you have any questions about the contest or your submission, simply leave a comment here or through the contact page. I look forward to receive your wonderful photos. Remember, you have only until 20th of February 2012 to send them, so start now or you’ll miss a chance to get the badge